Free eBook and eAudiobook Sites
Free eBooks & eAudiobooks
If you have an e-book reader, there are many sources of free e-books & audiobooks to download to your device. Here are a few of them:
- Google E-Bookstore - Free ebook selections compatible with many devices
- Open Library - Over 1,000,000 Free eBooks & more added all the time!
- InkMesh - A search engine that searches more than thirty online sources for free e-books
- Baen Books - Over 120 Science fiction and fantasy titles available, with new titles added every month.
- Internet Archive - Films, books, music & texts in many downloadable formats
- Project Gutenberg - Project Gutenberg makes ebooks and e-audiobooks available for some of the same great literature available in plain text.
- ManyBooks - Includes Project Gutenberg titles and beyond.
- Feedbooks - "A place to discover and publish ebooks"
- LibriVox E-audiobooks in the Public Domain
- Literal Systems -"Audiobooks you just can't buy"
- The Online Books Page University of Pennsylvania offers an index of hundreds of thousands of online books freely readable
- EBook Fling - Swap ebooks for free with other readers nationwide while still retaining ownership!
- The Spoken Alexandria Project - free Creative Commons library of spoken word recordings, consisting of classics in the public domain and modern works.
SJCPLS now offers eBooks through Overdrive Digital Library! You can browse the collection, check out with your library card, and download to PC, Mac®, Nook, Kindle, and many mobile devices. To get started, you will need to install free software. To read eBooks, you’ll need Adobe® Digital Editions. Titles can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including iPhone/iTouch/iPad®, Android®, Sony® Reader™, and many others. Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period, or you can "check them in" early to get more titles. There are no late fees! Note: This service is available to SJCPLS Residents or Paid Non-Residents only.