Looking for ways to have fun with your beginning reader?
Take a look at these titles:
- Games for Reading : playful ways to help your child to ready by Peggy Kaye
- Games with Books : 28 of the best children's books and how to use them to help your child learn, from preschool to third grade by Peggy Kay
- 30-[plus] Games to Get Ready to Read : teaching kids at home and at school by Toni S. Gould
Try our database , Tumblebooks, for animated, talking picture books which teach reading & also has online chapter books for older kids & teens!
Do you already have a voracious reader and are wondering what book to suggest next? Try our database, Books & Authors, for some inspiration.
There are also many books available to help you with your reading instruction. Here are a few to consider:
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
by Siegfried Engelmann
- Mommy, teach me to read! : a complete and easy to use home reading program by Barbara Curtis
- You can teach your child successfully : grades 4 to 8
by Ruth Beechick
- Phonics Pathways : clear steps to easy reading and perfect spelling by Dolores G Hiskes
- Teaching Reading Comprehension : a ten step program
by Claire Jessup Fullerton
- Raising a Reader : make your child a reader for life
by Paul Kropp
New to Homeschooling?
Here are a few books to consider:
- A Parent's Guide to Homeschooling by Tamara B. Orr
- Homeschooling Methods : Seasoned Advice on Learning Styles
- The Unoffical Guide to Homeschooling by Kathy Ishizuka
- Homeschooling for the Rest of Us : how your one-of-a-kind family can make homeschooling and real life work
by Sonya Haskins
- The Well-Trained Mind : A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise
MORE USEFUL HOMESCHOOLING RESOURCES