- Games with Books : 28 of the Best Children's Books and How to Use Them to Help Your Child Learn, From Preschool to Third Grade by Peggy Kay
- 30-[plus] Games to Get Ready to Read : Teaching Kids at Home and at School by Toni S. Gould
Try our database , TumbleBooks, for animated, talking picture books which teach reading & also has online chapter books for older kids & teens.
Do you already have a voracious reader and are wondering what book to suggest next? Try our database, Books & Authors, for some inspiration.
There are also many books available to help you with your reading instruction. Here are a few books to consider:
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann
- Mommy, Teach Me to Read!: A Complete and Easy to Use Home Reading Program by Barbara Curtis
- You Can Teach Your Child Successfully: Grades 4 to 8 by Ruth Beechick
- Phonics Pathways: Clear Steps to Easy Reading and Perfect Spelling by Dolores G Hiskes
- Teaching Reading Comprehension: A Ten Step Program by Claire Jessup Fullerton
- Raising a Reader: Make Your Child a Reader for Life by Paul Kropp
New to Homeschooling?
Here are a few books to consider:
- A Parent's Guide to Homeschooling by Tamra B. Orr
- Homeschooling Methods: Seasoned Advice on Learning Styles
- The Unoffical Guide to Homeschooling by Kathy Ishizuka
- Homeschooling for the Rest of Us: How Your One-of-a-Kind Family Can Make Homeschooling and Real Life Work by Sonya Haskins
- The Well-Trained Mind : A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise
Additional Homeschooling Resources