Library patrons can utilize our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service to request materials not currently owned by the St. Johns County Public Library System. Through ILL, you have access to materials from a network of libraries in Florida, as well as universities and public library systems throughout the United States.
Eligibility to Borrow
- An individual must be a current, registered patron in good standing in order to receive ILL service through St. Johns County Public Library System (SJCPLS).
- ILL requests will not be processed for patrons who have expired registrations, overdue library materials, or unpaid fines and fees.
- The library reserves the right to limit or deny ILL service when circumstances regarding patron status warrant such restrictions.
- New library card holders must wait 1 month before placing any ILL requests.
Items not available through ILL include:
- Items currently owned by SJCPLS
- Fiction materials less than one year old
- Non-fiction materials less than 6 months old
- VHS tapes, microfilm, and entire issues of periodicals
- Materials with a replacement cost of over $150
- Materials for classroom use, course reserves, or group use
- E-books, e-audiobooks, or other licensed e-resources
- Materials housed in special collections (i.e. rare, archival, local history, genealogy)
Patrons may have a total of 10 ILLs, in process, at a time.
Patrons will have seven days from initial hold notification to pick up their ILL item(s). Patrons will be charged $3 for each ILL item they fail to pick up. For more information, view the full ILL policy.
Please fill out the form below for each item requested. If you need any assistance with the form, please contact your local branch.