We’re Still Here for You
As I look out my window, I am encouraged by the sight of the flowers and trees blooming, the sound of the birds chattering once again in the yard, and the wondrous beauty of the morning sunrises with clear skies and vibrant colors.
Spring is the time of new growth and new beginnings. For SJCPLS, this means getting creative with how we serve the community, both in-person and online. The Library Advisory Board and the staff continue to evaluate what we need to run our organization as efficiently as possible while best serving the community during these uncertain times.
Here is what we have been doing:
- Implementing new contactless fixtures and services to keep our staff and patrons safe.
- Staying up-to-date on health and safety precautions for the community and our library items.
- Committing to change through conversations, training, and action concerning equity, diversity, and inclusion in staffing, services, collections, and more.
- Creating new programming opportunities to connect and engage with the community, including virtual programming, outdoor activities, and online sharing.
- Remaining responsive to the ever-changing environment by adjusting our hours and limiting the use of our public spaces.
Every measurable statistic of library use continues to increase back to pre-COVID levels. We recognize that our libraries make a difference in our communities every day, and we take that role seriously.
While we cannot predict the future, we can promise that SJCPLS and its staff will continue to be excited and flexible to serve and support the community. So, if you are looking for a way to support the library in the coming months, the best way is to get a library card, use our services, follow us on social media, and tell your friends.
Amid all of our current challenges, I look to the fresh start that spring ushers in with a sense of hope, opportunity, and optimism. SJCPLS is here to support you